Finding quick dinner recipes can be a challenge, but it doesn’t always have to be. If you can put chicken in the oven and make pesto (it’s so easy to make), then you can make this baked chicken with arugula pesto recipe.
Now on to the recipe. One key to this recipe is the delicious arugula garlic pesto. If you have never tried this, you really should.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
The parmesan plus the arugula and olive oil make it a wonderful compliment to this chicken. I see so many uses for this pesto that I haven’t even thought of yet…it’s that versatile.
And who doesn’t love garlic? I have such a love affair with garlic – it’s used in almost every one of my recipes.
Baked Chicken with Arugula Pesto
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 batch Arugula Pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a prepared cookie sheet, place the boneless chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put 1/4 cup of pesto on each chicken breast.
- Return the chicken breasts to the oven and cook an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.