Lunch doesn’t have to mean fast food or spending hours in the kitchen. This BBQ chicken salad is so easy and can be on your table in about 15 minutes. Just cook the chicken, add the BBQ sauce and get your salad fixin’s together. Yum!
There are days that I have the time for fancy lunches, but they are few and far between. I personally love easy lunches that take less than 30 minutes to throw together and taste great.
This BBQ chicken salad recipe can be on your table quickly, and truly tastes great. I think the key to any BBQ chicken recipe is the BBQ sauce you use.
I have mastered this sauce recipe, and I am so happy I figured it out, because this is delicious. Jeremy is a huge BBQ sauce fan, and he loved how good this sauce was.
I was nervous that making my own BBQ sauce would take ages, but it is so quick and easy to do!
There are so many uses of this BBQ sauce and BBQ chicken that you can use. I love salad because it’s a low-carb option, yet filling enough to hold me until dinner (or snack time).
But you can also shred the chicken and use it in wraps, or make a sandwich if carbs aren’t your nemesis. The options are endless.
What is your favorite lunch meal?
BBQ Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese shredded
- 2 Tablespoons light Ranch dressing
- tomatoes chopped
- cucumbers chopped
- carrots chopped (optional)
- lettuce rinsed and chopped
- In a grill pan, heat the olive oil spray to medium heat. Add the cubed chicken breast; season with salt and pepper. Cook until cooked through, turning at least once. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl. Add the BBQ sauce and mix well. Get the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and any other toppings you want together on a plate. Place the BBQ chicken on top of the salad and enjoy immediately.