If you are looking for a side dish for a BBQ, this bruschetta pasta salad recipe is not only easy, but delicious.
This recipe is not only easy to make, but a great addition to any meal. The dressing that is used in the recipe is perfection!
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
Both of my kids loved this recipe. I couldn’t believe it…they wanted additional helpings, which doesn’t usually happen in my family.
My daughter loves pretty much any pasta recipe, but she really really loved this one. And my son ate this up! He is a pretty picky eater, so that shocked me.
FAQs about this recipe
The bruschetta pasta salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days as long as it is stored in an airtight container. Do not freeze.
Orecchiette pasta: any short pasta will do: shell, farfalle, macaroni.
Red onion: 2 shallots
Roma tomatoes: 2 cups cocktails tomatoes cut in half
White balsamic vinegar: Red balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar
When you are making a cold pasta salad, it’s better to rinse the pasta; this will stop the cooking, speed up the cooling and remove the excess starch, which could risk sticking the pasta to the other ingredients.
It’s essential to cook your pasta al dente if you don’t want to have a soggy salad.
Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- 6 cups Orecchiette cooked
- 4 large Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 ounce mozzarella pearled
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging.
- During that time, Dice the tomatoes and onion and chop the basil.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse the pasta under cold water.
- Add the pasta, vegetables, basil, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella pearls to a large salad bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle garlic powder on top, mix well to combine everything.
- Season to taste and serve cold