If you crave a creamy pasta dish, you need to try this delicious creamy Bruschetta chicken pasta recipe. This dish is quick to make and will please your whole family. This recipe is 4 Freestyle points per serving, 1 cup.
Whew- returning from a 10 day vacation is much more difficult than I could have ever imagined. Ever feel that way?
I am having a hard time getting back in the groove of things, but I have to admit that I loved being fairly unplugged during our European vacation.
The struggle has been real to get back on track and back on a normal schedule. We ate out A LOT when we were overseas, so getting back in the groove has been a bit of a challenge.
I also think I will have to start tracking my calories again since I am over my goal weight – most of it is from the vacation, but I do want to get it back under control before it balloons into something bigger.
To help get myself back on track, I created this delicious creamy Bruschetta chicken pasta recipe. This recipe is packed with flavor and pretty easy to make.
This recipe does use multiple pots and pans, but it’s so worth it. The creaminess of this recipe is what you have been waiting for.
Jeremy loved this recipe so much that he asked for it during our trip – so I will be remaking this soon. If you are interested in other pasta recipes, try this vegetable lasagna recipe.
What are your favorite pasta recipes?
Creamy Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts butterflied
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup basil chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free half and half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Penne pasta uncooked
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Set them aside.
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil and add the butterflied chicken breasts. Fry in the oil until fully cooked, flipping once about 10 minutes. Set the chicken aside to cool down. Then chop.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and cooked chopped chicken. Cook until the basil begins to wilt.
- Add the cream, grated Parmesan cheese and the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Raise the heat to high and allow to boil for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
It’s probably because of some zero point foods (like chicken breast) still have calories, so it’s not as accurate if you use the nutritional information. If you are able to add this in to the recipe builder, it will be 4 SmartPoints per serving.
I used your nutrition facts and I came up with 8 points per cup. How did you get 4 points?
It goes in the last step with the cream and cooked pasta. I just updated the recipe card to include it in there.
When do you add the Parmesan? Your photo looks like it’s sprinkled on top but 1 cup seems like a lot to go on top…