For those busy weeknights, wow your family with this easy grilled salmon salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing. It takes less than 20 minutes to put it all together, and most of the work can be done while the salmon cooks in the oven.
This recipe is only 6 Freestyle SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.
Coming up with a weeknight meal can be such a challenge. But why is that? It doesn’t have to be, even if you are trying to eat healthy foods.
I recently discovered Gorton’s Grilled Salmon fillets and they have become a game changer in our house.
You can quickly get a healthy dinner on the table that the whole family will love in about 20 minutes, which is great when time is precious.
Using the Gorton’s Grilled Salmon fillets, I made a quick and easy salad to pair with it.
The salad can have any kinds of toppings you and your family enjoy (mine had tomatoes, Granny Smith apple slices, carrots and Parmesan cheese.
I also created a delicious lemon vinaigrette dressing to go with the salmon and the salad, which paired so well with both.
What makes Gorton’s Grilled Salmon fillets so easy to make is that you just need to preheat your oven and bake them for about 20 minutes to get a healthy and delicious main meal that all of your family will love.
While you can cook the fillets in the microwave, I don’t recommend it. I tried both cooking options, and our microwave didn’t cook them very well (the fillets came out very tough and overcooked).
Our microwave also make a bunch of popping sounds with salmon flying all over while cooking. It was a mess to clean up, so I recommend using the oven to cook the fillets if you want an even, clean cooking experience.
If you are interested in other salmon recipes, try this honey dijon salmon recipe.
To make this Grilled Salmon Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing recipe:
Grilled Salmon Salad:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook the salmon fillets according to the package directions.
While the salmon cooks, throw the rest of the salad ingredients in a bowl together. Toss and divide onto 2 bowls.
When the salmon is done cooking, add 1 filet to each salad bowl. Top with 2 Tablespoons of the Lemon Vinaigrette.
In a small bowl, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients together. Whisk everything together. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Grilled Salmon Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
Grilled Salmon Salad
- 1 container Gorton’s Grilled Salmon Classic Grill
- 1 container spring greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 large granny smith apple chopped
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Tablespoon DIjon mustard
Grilled Salmon Salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook the salmon fillets according to the package directions.
- While the salmon cooks, throw the rest of the salad ingredients in a bowl together. Toss and divide onto 2 bowls.
- When the salmon is done cooking, add 1 filet to each salad bowl. Top with 2 Tablespoons of the Lemon Vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients together. Whisk everything together. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yes, that is the idea. It’s fairly easy to make and take to work. I hope you try it and love it as much as I did.
If I prepare the ingredients at home and bring to work, this may be the perfect solution ( served cold) for y office lunch 🙂 Thank you so much !