When you are trying to eat healthier, that doesn’t mean you have to stop having treats. These healthier chocolate chip cookies are perfect for when you need a chocolate treat. What makes them healthier? Using brown sugar and larger chocolate chips.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. My husband is obsessed with chocolate chip cookies. He’s been asking me for a skinny version of the chocolate chip cookie since I decided to start blogging about recipes.
He is honestly obsessed with them. I will also sit on the couch and eat chocolate chips. The 60% cacao ones from Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips are fantastic.
I used them in this recipe, and you can see how big they are. 16 is a perfect amount of chocolate chips to curb that craving you might have.
In case you didn’t know, I have a pretty serious sweet tooth.
Cookies, cakes, pudding…it doesn’t matter. I really do love anything that will curb that sweet tooth. Two of my favorites lately are these carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese icing and these chocolate souffles.
What I love most about Weight Watchers is that I can still eat the sweets that I love (in moderation) and still lose and maintain weight.
I honestly couldn’t be happier about my lifestyle change, because I can still eat all the foods that I love. I mean, what other diet can you eat sweets and pizza and drink often and still lose weight?
I certainly haven’t found one.
I really loved these chocolate chip cookies because they were healthier than your traditional chocolate chip cookies, and they aren’t tiny. They are pretty big, and taste delicious!
Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons light butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white beaten
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips – I used Ghiradelli 60% cacao about 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, oil, and sugar. Add the vanilla, salt, and egg white.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together. Pour the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is no longer lumpy. Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Spoon the batter onto a prepared baking sheet and cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
These are SO good! I hope you try these and love them as much as we did!
I need these in my life! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Ooh grain free ones sound delicious. What are you using as grain free cookies? I hope you love these, if you try to make them later on.
Yummmm!! This weekend I’m making some grain free ones. We’ll see how they turn out! Thanks for sharing!