Side dishes can be deceiving, but they don’t have to be. This easy lemon Parmesan asparagus recipe is delicious, unexpected and so easy to make. It’s also only 2 SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers, so it’s healthy!
There is something about the under-utilized lemon that makes things just taste better. And I do truly believe that lemons aren’t used in cooking enough (until now).
I have to tell you that I wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out when I first tried it. But it was so delicious!
When I decided to make the Parmesan Chicken, I knew I needed a side that wasn’t many points on Weight Watchers. This one delivers on flavor, low points, and who doesn’t love Parmesan cheese?
This recipe just sort of happened – and aren’t those recipes the best ones? I personally think we will have this multiple nights, because it’s easy and husband approved.
Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus ends chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat. .
- Once it's warm, add in the asparagus – either chopped or left long
- Add in the garlic salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Once the asparagus begins to brown, squeeze in the lemon.
- Stir and cook about 2 minutes more. Then remove from heat and serve.