Breakfast foods can get boring when you are on a diet, but they don’t have to be. These skinny french toast muffins are fantastic, healthy and perfect for a grab and go breakfast.
The best part? They are only 2 Freestyle points per muffin on Weight Watchers!
I am spoiled. I can get breakfast at work anytime I want – and I will probably eat chicken sausage and scrambled eggs whenever I am in the office. Or I have a veggie omelet made to order…I know, I’m spoiled.
But sometimes I need a change and something new. A few weeks ago (when we were iced-in), I got antsy to try something different.
I also had never made french toast muffins before, so it was time to try something new.
If you need other quick and easy breakfasts, try these 10 healthy easy breakfasts for busy workdays.
I didn’t want traditional french toast because it’s harder to stop eating it. Maybe that’s just my problem with french toast, but the struggle is real.
I decided to try my hand at french toast muffins because it’s much easier to portion control a muffin than a casserole.
Oh these little muffins were so much better than I thought they would be. These are a wonderful kid friendly breakfast option too.
They were easy to make (that’s my favorite thing) and they tasted just like french toast. I added some syrup to mine and just enjoyed them.
Syrup is not included in the Freestyle points value, so keep that in mind as you are calculating your recipe in the recipe builder.
What are your favorite breakfast items?
Skinny French Toast Muffins
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 cups egg beaters, original
- 2 cups plain Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Break the slices of bread into small pieces and place them in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the rest of the liquid ingredients. Add the liquid ingredients to the bread slices and stir to coat completely.
- Carefully place the mixture in a sprayed muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is crispy and a toothpick comes out clean when you insert it.