When the weather is cold and all you want to do is wrap yourself in a sweater, make this slow cooker apple cranberry oatmeal. It’s so easy to make (just pop it in the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours) and it can cook while you are sleeping!
When it comes to eating breakfasts, I want something low maintenance and easy to throw together. I also want it to be as healthy as possible.
If you are interested in additional breakfast recipes, I suggest the stuffed apple muffins recipe, or the cold brew overnight oats (for some caffeine in the mornings) or the blueberry coffee cake recipe.
I don’t always have time to scramble eggs or follow a complicated recipe. What screams easy?
What I loved about using the slow cooker to make this oatmeal was that it was cooking while I was sleeping. What is better than that?
I just loved how this tasted – and it will be feeding us in the mornings all Christmas week, which I love.
*Make sure you only use steel cut oats. Traditional oats won’t be able to handle the cook time.
Slow Cooker Apple-Cranberry Oatmeal
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 2 apples finely chopped – divided
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- slivered almonds
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except the almonds. For the apples, add one chopped up apple with the other ingredients.
- Add the other chopped apple when there is only an hour left of cook time. Cook on low for about 6 hours.