Let’s slow down the hectic days by creating easy, healthy recipes. This slow cooker chicken and tomato orzo recipe is just that – it takes about 30 minutes to complete after the chicken is cooked.
Check out the full recipe below! This recipe is only 4 Freestyle points on WW per serving, 1 cup.
Since the summer is almost here, have you gotten into a habit of not wanting to cook every night? Oh, I feel you! There are days that it just doesn’t happen for us during the week, and that’s OK.
In those instances, I try to have things on hand that keep me on track, but are still quick and easy to make. I also love how much my kids love this recipe. It’s one of their favorites.
Part of the weight loss/wellness journey is realizing that you need to give yourself some grace through the process.
What works for me and my husband might not work for you and your family – and that’s OK!
That’s why I love the slow cooker. It makes cooking so easy, especially when you can throw something in before you leave for work.
I have done that often throughout my Weight Watchers journey. This recipe is no exception, and it’s filling enough to fill you up.
The tomatoes add so much flavor to this dish, plus you can add Parmesan to it for even more flavor. Yum!
If you are interested in additional slow cooker recipes, I suggest trying the chicken and wild rice recipe or the Korean beef tacos recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Tomato Orzo
For the Slow Cooker:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 spray olive oil spray
- 2 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
For the Pasta:
- 8oz package orzo
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pack grape tomatoes halved
- 4 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
- Add all the Chicken ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until fully cooked. Once it’s finished cooking, shred the chicken and set aside.
- About 30 minutes before the chicken is finished cooking, cook the orzo according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add the minced garlic and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes have burst and the garlic is fragrant.
- Drain the orzo when it’s finished cooking. Add in the cooked chicken and the garlic and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Add in the Parmesan cheese, if using. Serve immediately.
I’m so glad that you loved this recipe! It’s one of my favorites too.
We made this last night, and I’m so happy I found this recipe!! Because it’s super easy, it’s super tasty, and the points are low – what more can you ask for?
Thank you so much for posting this recipe.
The SmartPoint values are on the recipe cards. This one is 4 SmartPoints (Freestyle) on Weight Watchers.
How many Weight Watcher Freestyle points is this?
I haven’t used mine in a while, but I am so glad that I did. It’s so easy to cook chicken with the slow cooker, so why not use it more?
I do’t know why, but since I moved i have not used my slow cooker once. I really need to pull it out again. It makes meals so easy and this one looks delicious!
Thank you! I love orzo too – it’s so good and delicious.
Yum! I love orzo!