For those days that you crave a hearty soup, look no further than this slow cooker chicken and wild rice soup. The best part? This recipe is only 4 Freestyle points per serving and you would never know it was that low.
I personally think soup is a great meal no matter what the weather is like. And cooking a soup in the slow cooker just makes so much sense, don’t you think?
Watch this video to learn how to make this soup recipe
Prepping meals is near and dear to my heart, especially after having kids and your time is limited. I never really understood about the “dinner rush”, but I definitely get it now.
Things are hectic when you get home and getting something nutritious on the table is so difficult.
And with spring finally here, it’s time to get outside and no being stuck in the kitchen.
Maybe it’s because we have an toddler (where did the time go?) or maybe it’s that the weather is perfect right now, but I definitely don’t want to be inside all the time cooking.
That’s one of the best benefits of slow cookers. You can put it all in it to cook, turn it on and have it do all the work for you. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Finding time to cook has really been a struggle and challenge for us, so any way that we can make things easier is necessary. And right now, I am all about dump-it-and-cook type meals.
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?
Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 1 small bag carrots shredded
- 4 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 small baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces wild rice
- 4 Tablespoons light butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Spray your slow cooker with olive oil spray. Place the chicken breasts into the cooker and cover with salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth, wild rice, garlic, shredded carrots, onion and spices. Stir to combine and cook on high for 6 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to the chicken and rice being done cooking, add in the mushrooms. Stir to combine. Once the chicken is finished cooking, take the breasts out and shred them. Add them back to the soup.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour to combine. Add the Almond milk and half and half. Add this mixture to the soup and mix to combine. Serve immediately.
This was excellent.Thanks for the recipe