Meatless Monday doesn’t have to be boring. This spicy black bean burger is easy to make and has just enough kick in them to make you forget it’s Monday. They take about 15 minutes to make and are a great and hearty meal.
I might be what you call a burger connoisseur. I absolutely love a juicy, cheesy burger that is cooked to perfection.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
Well, unfortunately, on Weight Watchers eating burgers all the time isn’t really in the cards. What I love about this recipe is that you still get the burger vibe without all the added points.
And who doesn’t love guacamole?
To me, a great black bean burger needs a few things. It needs to stay together and not fall apart when I pick it up. It needs to have some flavor or a kick to it. And it needs to taste great.
This burger hits all 3 of those checkboxes. The panko breadcrumbs help to keep the burger together and not fall apart.
The spices give this burger a great taste and a bit of a kick. So, what are you waiting for?
If you are interested in additional Quick and Easy recipes, try this Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches recipe.
What is your favorite Vegetarian recipe?
Spicy Black Bean Burger
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper stemmed and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 light hamburger buns
- Put the red onion, jalapeno and garlic into a food processor. Pulse for about 10 seconds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the hamburger buns and guacamole. Pulse until everything is chopped up. (Make sure to not over pulse).
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil. Heat the pan on medium-low heat. Make 4 patty's with the black bean mixture. Cook each patty about 5-7 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Once they are cooked, put them on hamburger buns and add the guacamole on top.
This sounds delicious. Can I use fresh black beans, boil it and then use it to make the bean burger?
Thanks Christine! They are really delicious…that is true! I’d love you to try it and let me know how it is. I’d love to have another opinion.
This looks SO good. Drool.