When you are craving a creamy pasta, try this spicy romano chicken pasta recipe. It’s been lightened up and is a great Weight Watchers recipe. It’s only 7 Freestyle points per serving, 1 cup.
When I first decided to start this blog, part of my motivation was to lighten up some of my favorite recipes.
That’s everyone’s goal when it comes to losing weight, right? We all want to eat the same things, but just lighter versions of them.
That’s one of the things I love about Weight Watchers. You really can eat the things you love (in moderation) including cheesy, creamy pasta.
The challenge with any cream sauce is that it usually uses heavy cream or whipping cream. Neither of these are good options for Weight Watchers – obviously.
So, you have to find alternatives that will still give you the creaminess without all the points. What’s the secret? Read on below!
I was a little nervous about Jeremy liking this recipe because of the sundried tomatoes. Well, it is husband approved – and one that we will be making more.
What is your favorite pasta dish?
Spicy Romano Chicken Pasta
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 oz Romano cheese grated
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 2 oz sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- 2 oz Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken strips
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Combine the almond milk and the cornstarch together. Mix it until the cornstarch is no longer lumpy.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat. Add the milk-mixture, salt and pepper. Cook until it thickens, stirring constantly. (It will start to get lumpy as it cooks. This is normal…just make sure to keep stirring it).
- Once the milk-mixture is thickened, remove it from the heat and fold in the cheeses and cayenne pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In another large non-stick skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil. Add in the mushrooms, scallions and sundried tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the chicken and cook until the chicken is warmed. Stir in the heavy cream and 1/2 of the milk-mixture. Add in the pasta and then add in the remaining milk-mixture. Stir to coat and serve.
Thank you. It’s so good! And so easy to make. I only used 1 teaspoon cayenne, and it was still pretty spicy, but it was so good. Nom nom nom.
Yummmmm! It looks like it came out SO good!