If you are looking for a low budget, but delicious dinner recipe, this supreme pizza with flatout pizza crust is perfect for you! You can easily make this recipe for under $3/serving. It’s only 5 Freestyle points per serving, 1/2 a flatout pizza crust.
My husband and I love pizza. We eat it about once a week (I can’t give it up) and even though it’s usually a frozen pizza, I make sure that they have thin crust (it’s the only type of pizza I will buy).
We also will go to our local pizza joint sometimes and get a delicious thin crust pizza from there, if I don’t feel like cooking.
So I wasn’t expecting much when I decided to try out the Flatout Pizza Crusts that I found at Publix. What intrigued me about these pizza crusts is how low in Freestyle points they are.
All 6 are only 3 Freestyle points, so you know you aren’t consuming a ton of carbs or bread. I loved that idea. I also loved the challenge of trying to make a delicious meal on a budget (and I succeeded!).
I had no expectations for how the supreme pizza with Flatout pizza crust would turn out.
Sometimes that happens when you are working with a product you have never tried before. But man…these pizzas were good.
If you are interested in other pizza recipes, try this buffalo chicken pizza or this chicken and turkey pizza recipe.
And you can make them as crispy, or not crispy, as you want. Yes, you need to pre-bake the crust first, but it takes 2-4 minutes. Then you add the toppings and cook again until the cheese is melted.
As much as we eat thin crust pizza, this (according to my husband) is his all time favorite meal I have ever cooked.
You guys, I cook a lot. So, this is a huge accomplishment to have made his all time favorite meal.
Granted, he loves pizza, so why wouldn’t he like this. But it’s also healthier and better than the frozen varieties that you can buy. And it fed us for 2 days (frozen pizza can’t do that)!
What are your favorite pizza recipes?
Supreme Pizza with Flatout Pizza Crust
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 can Classico pizza sauce
- 1 package Flatout thin pizza crust olive oil and rosemary flavor
- 1 package turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup part-skim mozzerella cheese shredded
- Pre-cook the pizza crust according to the package directions.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and garlic. Cook until the sausage is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Add the red and green peppers and saute for about 5-7 minutes or until the peppers begin to soften. Add the chopped tomato to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place all 6 precooked flatbread pizza crusts on a large cookie sheet (I used 2). Evenly spread the pizza sauce over all 6 pizza crusts. Add the sausage mixture to all 6 pizza crusts. Add the pepperoni (evenly distribute the bag on all 6 pizza crusts) and add the part-skim mozzerella cheese.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or more for added crispiness.
I love thin crust pizzas too. They are just too good not to have often. I hope you try it and love it like we do. It was SO good.
I love thin crust pizzas. This looks like a great option to try for Friday pizza night!