Now that the weather is finally getting cooler, it’s time to breakout the chili and soup recipes. This 3 bean turkey chili recipe kind of just happened – which is what I love most about cooking.
It’s only 3 SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers.
Who doesn’t love chili on a cold fall or winter night? I know I do. There is something so comforting about chili. And what is even better is that turkey chili is healthier for you than traditional beef chili.
I love that turkey chili doesn’t skimp on the flavor of traditional chili. I actually like it better than the original…not sure why. But there is something so clean about eating turkey chili instead of regular chili.
Am I the only one who thinks that? It might sound weird, but I just love it so much.
I knew I wanted to make turkey chili, but the recipe I was using as a guide was just that…a guide. So, here is a delicious 3 bean turkey chili for you to make with your family.
There is something so comforting about chili on a cold evening, and this one truly delivers. The brown sugar in the recipe really does give this chili an unexpected flavor – which is so surprising.
What is your favorite Turkey Chili recipe?
3 Bean Turkey Chili
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 16 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can chili beans
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the garlic, red onions, and peppers. Cook until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the turkey, and cook until cooked through.
- Then add in the spices and stir to combine.
- Add in the brown sugar and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the beans and heat them for another 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, as needed.
- Serve immediately.