A healthy version of a classic Italian dish doesn’t always taste good. But this Air Fryer chicken parmesan recipe is delicious. It’s not only kid friendly, but will please even the pickiest of eaters.
I am newer to using an Air Fryer and let me tell you…it is a great kitchen appliance. I highly recommend investing in one.
If you are like me and my family, we don’t like to just add additional small kitchen appliances. So finding out that the Instant Pot has an Air Fryer lid is a game changer.
And it’s one less small kitchen appliance that you have to keep up with.
I never knew how great an Air Fryer could be until I tried this broccoli recipe. And finally having one, I wonder what took me so long? I guess I wasn’t sure if it would be worth the hype, but I love it.
No Air Fryer? No problem!
You can make this recipe in the oven instead.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Follow steps 1-5 in the recipe box below. Then place the chicken on a cookie sheet and place it in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with the remaining ingredients and bake another 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
I think it was hard for me to get on the Air Fryer game because I love my Instant Pot so much.
The Instant Pot is great, and it’s still one of my all time favorite appliances, but the Air Fryer is pretty awesome too.
This recipe was one of the reasons I wanted an Air Fryer. I had to make chicken parmesan in it and I am so glad that I did.
What are your favorite Air Fryer recipes?
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
For the Chicken:
- 2 medium chicken breasts sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated
For the Toppings:
- 1 1/4 cups store bought marinara
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 F. Grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or place a piece of parchment paper in it
- Season the chicken breast with salt and the Italian Seasoning mix. Set aside
- In a shallow bowl, add flour. In another bowl, beat the egg. In a third shallow bowl, add panko breadcrumbs, garlic and Parmesan with a bit of salt to season.
- Start by placing the chicken in the flour. Coat each side well.
- Now dip into the egg and last in the panko breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place in the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your basket you will need to work in batches.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook the chicken for 5 more minutes.
- Don't remove the chicken yet. Top with marinara sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Air fry for 4 minutes until the cheese is melted.