The new year means trying new recipes. Besides my love of Mexican food – my husband can attest to this – I also love Italian food. Why? Because it’s awesome and delicious. And cheesy. And flavorful. Finding healthy Italian food can be a challenge. So, when I came up with this recipe for baked parmesan turkey meatballs, I knew I had to tell you about it.
I have to admit something to you guys. Some days in the test kitchen, recipes don’t turn out so well. You start off with a base recipe and then add or take out things. And depending on what you add or take out, it might be a disaster. But these baked parmesan turkey meatballs were a huge success.
Related: Spicy Romano Chicken Pasta
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the spaghetti noodles (if using) and mix together. On a sprayed cookie sheet, divide out the meat mixture and make into small balls.
Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until cooked through. Serve immediately with spaghetti, if using.
Baked Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
1 serving is 3/4 cup spaghetti and 2 meatballs.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 egg whites beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Make-Ahead Marinara Sauce
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles if using
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the spaghetti noodles (if using) and mix together.
- On a sprayed cookie sheet, divide out the meat mixture and make into small balls. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with spaghetti, if using.