If you are craving a twist on a traditional Italian dish, try this baked ricotta spinach chicken recipe. It’s quick to prepare and is a healthy option for you and your family to love.
Spring is almost here…thank goodness. This winter has been such a challenge thanks to a sick kiddo every month. Hopefully those days are behind us as we approach more spring weather.
Even though the weather is finally warming up, I have been struggling with meal planning and my weight loss journey. But that’s fine with me.
There have been some intense life things that have been going on lately. And those have taken precedent.
Sometimes you just have to let life do what it does and work through the struggles it throws at you.
Besides all of those life things going on, I have been working on developing new recipes and trying to find balance. Is there such thing as balance? Sometimes I am not so sure.
This baked ricotta spinach chicken recipe is one of our family favorites.
I love how quick it is to make and that you can bake instead of frying it. It makes it fewer calories and a healthier version.
I don’t know if it’s the ricotta cheese or the spinach, but something about this recipe is just delicious.
Speaking of baked chicken, this skinny baked chicken breast recipe is fabulous as well and so easy to make!
What is your favorite baked chicken recipe?
Baked Ricotta Spinach Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut lengthwise
- 8oz bag baby spinach
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 ounces low-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 1/2 cup low-moisture Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half, length wise, to create smaller fillets of chicken. Place each chicken breast into a sprayed 9×13 Pyrex pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, add the garlic and spinach. Cook the spinach until it is cooked down, stirring frequently. Add the ricotta cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Scoop the ricotta mixture evenly on each of the chicken breasts in the Pyrex pan. Cover each chicken breast with the mozzarella cheese and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.