Easy dinners are a critical part of our household, and my Weight Watchers success. When recipes get difficult, I won’t cook them. This baked salmon in foil packets recipe is so easy and perfect for a quick and healthy dinner.
We have been couch potatoes this weekend, so why not make a quick, healthy dinner while we watch the top athletes in the world?
What I absolutely love about this recipe is not just how quick and easy it is to make. But there aren’t many dishes to do afterwards.
You basically make everything in the foil packet, so you just have to throw those away after they finish cooking.
Can’t get much quicker than that. And if there aren’t many dishes to do, my husband is happy (yes, he does the dishes if I cook dinner).
FAQs about cooking fish
Fish is typically cooked after 20 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. But temperatures vary, so make sure to check that the fish is done before serving.
Yes! You can totally use this recipe while you are camping. I would recommend cooking it in foil over a fire for 15-20 minutes.
Cooking time can vary, however, so make sure that the fish is done cooking before serving.
I think anything can go well with baked salmon. I enjoy corn on the cobb, rice, quinoa or mashed potatoes. If I had extra time, I would also think a risotto would be amazing with salmon.
Baked Salmon In Foil Packets
- 1 pound salmon wild caught
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 lemons sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil
- olive oil spray
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the salmon fillets. Disperse the Parmesan cheese over both of the salmon fillets.
- Spread out some aluminum foil. Spray the middle of the foil with olive oil spray.
- Put 3 lemon slices on the bottom of each salmon fillet. The put the salmon. Top with 3 more lemon slices and a sprig of rosemary.
- Fold the foil into a packet so that no juice can escape while cooking.
- Place the packets in the oven (you can use a cookie sheet if you want) and bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.