These fluffy banana chocolate chip pancakes are full of flavor and fun! Making them in the oven makes this such an easy breakfast!
This is definitely a kid-friendly recipe too – just mix ingredients in a bowl pour into a sheet pan, top them, and pop them in the oven.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
These pancakes are best eaten right away but freezing them is also a great alternative. Wrap in plastic or store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
You can pull them out as you wish and reheat them via the microwave, oven, or even in the air fryer!
You can store them in the fridge for up to two days as well. But I find with pancakes their integrity changes quickly as far as their texture and the fruit as well, which is why I recommend eating or freezing them the day you make them!
Tips & Tricks
- This was made in a 9×13 inch pan you can also make this in an 11×15 inch pan without any adjustments (The pancakes will just be a little thinner.).
- If you are worried about your banana slices turning dark or brown you can lightly toss them in a little lemon juice. This doesn’t effect the flavor but will keep them fresher for longer.
- This syrup recipe is a perfect compliment to these pancakes. If you want to use a different type of syrup, you are welcome to.
What is your favorite breakfast recipe?
Banana Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 5 large bananas
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease a sheet pan or baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Set the pan aside and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, light brown sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract, and egg mixing until well combined.
- Next, take one of the bananas and mash it up then, add the mashed banana to the mixture as well.
- Stir batter until it’s smooth and ingredients are fully mixed.
- Add the chocolate Chips, folding them in gently.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Slice up the rest of your bananas into pieces that are about an inch thick.
- Finally, add the slices of banana to the top as well as additional chocolate chips if you wish.
- Place it in the oven and set the timer for about 12 minutes, it may need to go an additional 3-4 minutes. It’s ready when it is a nice golden brown, you can insert a toothpick in the middle to see if it comes out clean as well.