Italian food can be filled with calories. But these personal sized lasagnas are perfect to make sure you keep all those calories in check. When Italian food is on the menu, don’t fret! You can make or eat these delicious lasagna’s for only 5 SmartPoints per lasagna.
Is anyone else struggling to get back to losing weight? I know I complain about it, but I also am not really helping my situation. Yes, I cook dinners, and they are healthy, but snacking is my problem.
I say it all the time, but it’s time to start getting back on the wagon. I have been passively tracking for a long time. It’s time to go all in and really get back on track.
One of the newest recipes that has come from the Dash of Herbs Test Kitchen, are these personal sized lasagnas.
I was so nervous about how these will turn out. One thing I want to mention is that these are complicated (lasagna is naturally complicated, so I shouldn’t have been surprised).
I think the end result is totally worth the time, but I want to be upfront with you guys that it takes time to put together, and involves several different pots.
But trust me, they are worth it.
Make sure that you use this make ahead marinara sauce with this recipe. The marinara sauce is SO easy to make and tastes amazing. You wouldn’t know that it’s healthy and has no crap in it!
Personal Size Lasagna
- 9 oz whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked asparagus chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make-Ahead Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 2 Tablespoons basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
Prep the meat:
- Break the uncooked pasta into fourths. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine mozzarella, ricotta, egg whites and oregano in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes. Add asparagus, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add marninara sauce and stir to combine; set aside.
Assemble The Ramekins:
- Generously coat six 6oz ramekins with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan in bottom of each ramekin and evenly cover bottoms.
- Place one noodle square on bottom of each ramekin; top with about 1 1/2 T beef mixture and then top with about 1 T cheese mixture. Repeat this step two more times to form 3 layers of noodles, beef and cheese in each cup. Place a final noodle square on each lasagna; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon remaining Parmesan.
- Cover lasagnas with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool for 3 minutes. Yields 1 lasagna per serving.