Not much is better than chocolate souffles and this guilt free option is perfect. It’s only 6 SmartPoints and is similar to a molten cake.
The day of love is upon us – or something like that. What I want to know is why every day can’t be the “day of love”. Why does there have to be one day a year that you profess your love to other people. Shouldn’t we be doing that anyways? Isn’t that sort of the idea of humanity?
I feel like I just jumped into a huge rabbit hole. Anyways, in honor of the official “day of love” (and I do think every day should be a day of love), let’s bake.
My husband, who is a huge supporter of my passions and food – more on that another day – has a love of all things chocolate. And to be fair, so do I. Since joining Weight Watchers, however, it’s been hard to enjoy a chocolate dessert that isn’t tons of SmartPoints.
We were at my sister’s house the other weekend and I was mentioning trying to lighten up a chocolate dish for Valentine’s Day.
She then dropped her trusty cookbook (she has a few that are must haves) on the table and pointed to what she lovingly refers to as Sexual Chocolate (the inspiration for this recipe). I knew right then and there that I had to find a way to lighten that recipe up. It could be done – I just had to figure out how.
Luckily, changing out a few key ingredients (using Stevia for sugar and cutting the butter in half), I think I have created a healthier alternative to her Sexual Chocolate. I loved how these turned out.
They were gooey, and chocolatey, and just about perfect. One note…I cooked mine a bit too long so they aren’t as molten in the middle as I wanted, but they still tasted amazing.
Now, I know that these are 6 SmartPoints (the original recipe was 11), but they are worth it. And just think – you indulge on the day of love. It’s ok to do that.
To make the Better Than Sex Chocolate Souffles:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Microwave the chocolate alone on 50% Power for 2 minutes. Stir and add in the butter. Microwave an additional 1 minute on 50% Power.
Beat the eggs, vanilla, salt, and Stevia in a stand mixer, about 5 minutes. Remove from the mixer. Combine the chocolate and butter mixture with the egg mixture. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the flour over the combined mixture. Fold to combine completely.
Better Than Sex Chocolate Souffles
- 4 Tablespoons light butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 9 packets Stevia leaf herbal extract
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Melt the chocolate and butter
- Microwave the chocolate alone on 50% for 2 minutes. Stir and add in the butter. Microwave an additional 1 minute on 50%.
Make the batter
- Beat the eggs, vanilla, sat, and stevia in a stand mixer, about 5 minutes. Combine the chocolate and butter mixture with the egg mixture. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the flour over the combined mixture. Fold to combine completely.
- Pour the batter into 8 prepared ramekins and bake for about 12 to 13 minutes, until the cakes have puffed about an inch above the ramekins.