Make your life a little easier by making this easy breakfast hash brown skillet over the weekend, and then you can quickly heat it up each morning during the week.
It’s easy to make and hearty to keep you full all morning long. And your whole family will love it. This recipe is 9 Freestyle Points per serving on Weight Watchers.
The weekends are a great way to cook some breakfasts that you can heat up quickly during the week days. And it’s a great breakfast if you have kids. This is a great breakfast that is kid friendly and delicious.
Because I know that finding time for breakfast can be a challenge…and then you skip breakfast thinking that it’s easier. But in fact that’s even worse because you will spend so much time snacking.
So, stop the endless snacking and cook yourself some breakfast (even if it is over the weekend). This recipe heats up well and can even be frozen for up to 2 months.
The secret to this easy recipe is the cast iron skillet – you can use it on the stove and in the oven, making a one skillet meal. It makes the hash browns crispy without getting over-cooked.
What do you like to make for breakfast?
Breakfast Hash Brown Skillet
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded hash browns frozen
- 2 cups broccoli crowns chopped
- 2 cups peppers and onion mixture frozen
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the hash browns and cook until the hash browns start to brown, about 10 – 12 minutes. Flip them half way through cooking. Add in the ham and cook about 4 minutes more.
- Add the cheese, and let it melt. Create 4 wells and add the eggs to each of the wells. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer your hash brown skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are set (about 10-15 minutes).