If you are interested in trying an easy chicken pasta that has a bit of a kick to it, this is it. This Cajun chicken skillet pasta is perfect and so easy to get on the table.
For those hectic weekdays, this recipe is a great and easy recipe you can throw together really quick.
I never know how quickly I need to get dinner on the table, but this recipe made it to the table in no time.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
I love quick and easy recipes to make during the weekday. I don’t have a ton of time to just spend in the kitchen. With kids running around, it makes it difficult to devote so much time alone cooking.
That is why this recipe is so good. It’s easy to throw together and it’s fairly healthy. My kids also love it, which surprised me.
I thought they wouldn’t be a fan of the flavors, but my daughter ate this up! She had a few helpings of it.
What is your favorite pasta recipe?
Cajun Chicken Skillet Pasta
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 2 cups Rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 cups bowtie pasta
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Season the chopped chicken with salt and pepper and half of the cajun seasoning, then add to the oil and cook until browned all over and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain but do not rinse.
- Add the chopped veggies to the skillet along with the chicken, additional additional oil as needed.
- Cook until onions are translucent and veggies are soft and slightly charred, about 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken and veggies to a clean bowl.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, then add the sour cream and cream cheese and stir as the cream cheese melts.
- Add a bit more broth or milk to achieve a smooth consistency that coats the back of a spoon.
- Season with cajun seasoning, to taste. Add the pasta and stir to coat.
- Return the chicken and veggies back to the skillet and stir to coat completely.