I’m going to be honest with you guys. There are weeks that I struggle. Sometimes, like this past week, I can’t get enough chocolate. I have been craving it like it’s no one’s business. And it’s not even that time of the month, so I’m not really sure what is going on.
I have other weeks that I just want all the snack foods. Like all of them. Or my husband will buy donuts and eat them in front of me…those are the weeks I start craving something else. It’s an ongoing battle. But you know what? I have learned that these cravings are OK and they will eventually dull or go away. It is not all sunshine and rainbows over here. Trust me on that.
One thing I have learned throughout my journey is that you have to celebrate the small victories. If you lose just one pound in a week, at least you lost weight. If you have to buy new clothes because of the weight you have lost, great job! That is a great non-scale victory and one that I have been experiencing as well. Since I’m talking about this, I should tell you that I started a Poshmark shop that you can check out here. I have tons of clothes listed, and plan to list more. You can also make offers on clothing if you are interested in something. I usually will negotiate with you.
As much as I have to remember to live my life, you also have to celebrate the small victories. I think the small victories are almost more important than the larger victories. Here’s a small list of a few small victories that you might be experiencing as well:
- Finding smaller clothes in your closest that finally fit again
- Learning that you can eat your favorite foods (in moderation) and still lose weight
- You are NOT defined by the number on the scale
- Celebrating consistently losing weight each week
- Not beating yourself up if you don’t lose weight one week. It’s ok if your journey isn’t always trending down
- Consistently working the plan – it works if you live it
What else should be added to this list?
BTW – I only lost 1 pound this week. But you know what, I still lost weight so I am going to keep celebrating that and my weight loss.
- Starting Weight on May 31, 2016 – 191 lbs
- Current Weight on August 26, 2016 – 163 lbs
- Total Weight Loss: 29 lbs