If you love tacos as much as I do, you will love this cheesy chicken fajita skillet. It’s so easy to make and turns up the spice of your typical beef taco night. Make your next recipe an easy one with this skillet recipe. This recipe is only 3 Freestyle points per serving, 1 taco and 1 cup of filling.
This recipe was kind of born on accident. I have been craving tacos lately (just as my husband…it’s pretty intense for some reason), but I wanted something different, kind of like these sweet chili shrimp tacos.
I didn’t just want beef tacos – I wanted something much more substantial. So I created this amazing fajita skillet.
I can’t even tell you how good this was. Jeremy also loved this (a lot). It’s so quick and easy to make too.
Watch this video to see how to make this delicious recipe
Can we talk about cravings real quick? I don’t know why my body seems to be craving certain foods – like tacos – but it definitely does. I had to have tacos one night even though Jeremy wasn’t feeling it.
I ate so many of them for a few days that I shouldn’t need to see another taco for a while (this was after I made this fajita skillet).
I understand craving sweets, but why would I crave tacos? It seemed so strange to me, but I couldn’t let it go until I had those beef tacos. So weird!
Do you ever crave certain foods? If you are craving fajitas, but don’t want pasta, try this sheet pan chicken fajita bowl recipe. It reminds me of Chipotle without the price.
If this recipe appeals to you, you should try this cheesy sausage pasta skillet recipe. So good!
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Skillet
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and chopped in bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic optional
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese
- cherry tomatoes halved
- lettuce for serving
- 8 soft shell tortillas
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken pieces with the taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the onion, garlic and peppers until the onion is translucent and the peppers are soft.
- Add the black beans, corn, and cooked chicken. Combine and cook further until combined. Add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- To prepare, you can eat this by itself or with taco shells.
I can’t remember how much I used at the time, but it was probably 1 Tablespoon. I would also mention that the garlic is optional, so you don’t need to include it.
How much garlic do you use?
Thank you so much Kelli. I’m following you back as well (I think). Can’t wait to submit more posts to Yum Goggle.
Welcome to Yum Goggle! We are following you on all your social media and hope you will follow us back. We will try our best to tag you each time we promote your posts. Kelli at YG!
Thank you so much Tyane. It is so good and worth making for yourself. Let me know how you love it, if you make it soon.
This looks so good!! I love Mexican food and have been looking for new ideas for my meal plans! I think I’m adding this next week 🙂
Aww thank you so much Amanda. You are too sweet! Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could read each others minds? This skillet is amazing, by the way. One of my favorite meals to date.
Seriously you make the most delicious looking food! I’ve been craving fajitas lately, too! It’s like you can read my mind 🙂