Using frozen chicken is a great way to speed up the time it takes to cook a meal. This chicken and broccoli stir fry recipe is easy to make and can use frozen chicken instead of fresh chicken.
Getting back into the program has taken me a bit of time to get back into it, but no more excuses! One thing that I have done consistently is cook foods.
Ingredients you will need to make this stir fry recipe
And I’m trying to create healthy food for this blog, so in a weird way, this blog has helped me stay on track without tracking. Crazy, right?
I think I crave Mexican food and Chinese food the most. And surprisingly, both can be made from a healthy aspect and you can still enjoy the foods you love, even if you are dieting.
What I love about this chicken and broccoli stir fry recipe is that it’s easy to make (it’s a strong theme with any recipe on this blog), and it tastes great.
Part of the reason this recipe tastes so great is because you make the sauce ahead of time, and set it aside. It helps it thicken a bit on it’s own before you add it to the chicken and broccoli.
If you have ever wondered about the health benefits of broccoli, please check out this article. It’s got so much interesting info, you need to check it out.
What are your favorite quick and easy recipes?
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 3 frozen uncooked chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 heads broccoli chopped
- 1 cup low fat chicken broth
- Whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, ketchup, brown sugar and chili sauce. Reserve.
To cook the chicken:
- Lightly spray a non-stick large wok with olive oil spray.
- Add frozen chickens and cook on medium-high heat until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove from the wok and cube the chicken. Return to the pot.
To cook the rest of the meal:
- Heat sesame oil with the cooked chicken. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook about 1 minute. Add broccoli and toss to coat.
- Add in the chicken broth, cover and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the reserved sauce to combine all together.