If you love chicken parmesan as much as I do, you will love these chicken parmesan rollups. They are perfect for those days you are craving Italian food. And they are only 5 SmartPoints per serving.
Watch this video to learn how to make these rollups
While I have made a skinnier version of chicken parmesan for the blog, I have to say that these rollups are amazing.
They are so similar to the larger version of this classic dish, but I love the bite sized pieces that these present.
There is something wonderful about bite sized food. I don’t know what it is, but I absolutely love it and want anything that is small to put in my mouth. Are you the same way?
Italian food is one of my favorite things ever. It truly is one of my favorite categories of foods, and these fit perfectly into that love.
Not only do I love these chicken parmesan rollups, but they are only 5 Freestyle points per serving.
Quick Tip about this chicken rollup recipe
If you are not using thin sliced chicken breasts, either pound a meat tenderizer on your chicken breasts, or cut them in half lengthwise.
If you are interested in additional Italian recipes, I highly suggest trying the turkey lasagna recipe or the turkey and veggie stuffed shells.
I have to admit that while 5 Freestyle points might sound like a lot for a serving of dinner, these filled me up. One chicken breast made about 6 medallions of goodness – so you will be full at the end of the night.
And if you need a few more, definitely eat them. Having a serving and a half or 2 servings never hurt anyone! I sometimes have to eat more than one serving because the food is just too good to stop eating.
What’s your favorite Italian meal?
Chicken Parmesan Rollups
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced in half or use the thin
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Make-Ahead Marinara Sauce
- salt and pepper
- basil chopped
- toothpicks to secure the rollups
- If you are not using thin sliced chicken breasts, either pound with a meat tenderizer, or cut them in half lengthwise.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and the Parmesan. In another small bowl, mix together the panko and the salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken breasts out. Spoon a small bit of the ricotta mixture. Then add the basil, covering the entire chicken. Roll up the chicken breasts and place toothpicks in (about 3 per breast).
- Cut each rolled up breast in about 4 or 5 pieces. Repeat until all the chicken breasts are stuffed, rolled, and cut into smaller pieces.
- Cover each smaller, rolled up pieces in panko and place on a prepared pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Thanks Missy! These were SO good and my husband loved them.
Looks so yummy! I will definitely have to try these!