Pizza doesn’t have to throw you off of your daily Freestyle points goals. This chicken and turkey pepperoni pizza is easy to make, tastes amazing, and is only 5 Freestyle points per serving on Weight Watchers.
You won’t think you are eating something healthy, you will just think you are eating pizza.
Oh pizza. I love you so much. This was one thing I could have never have given up when I was losing weight on Weight Watchers. And I get it.
You don’t believe that you can eat pizza while you are losing weight. But you can! And that’s not me quoting the commercials.
You really can eat pizza (and other foods you love) while you lose weight. I have done it…and it’s so true.
Because my love of pizza is so strong, I wanted to recreate one of my husband’s favorite pizzas from Papa Johns.
The combination might sound weird (chicken and pepperoni), but this chicken and turkey pepperoni pizza is really delicious.
While Papa Johns version uses sliced chicken breast, I wanted to try using ground chicken and I am so glad that I did. It’s a great lower point value pizza and is so delicious as it is.
What kind of pizza is your favorite?
Chicken and Turkey Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup part skim mozzerella cheese shredded
- 6 items Flatout pizza crust any flavor
- 1 jar Classico pizza sauce
- 5 oz turkey pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 350. Precook the 6 flatbread slices on a cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the crust. Remove from oven and set aside when finished.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add a spray of olive oil spray and cook the onion, garlic and ground chicken until the onion is translucent and the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce among all 6 of the flatbread pizza crusts. Add the chicken and onions to each of the pizza crusts. Add the pepperoni (evenly distribute the bag on all 6 pizza crusts) and add the part-skim mozzerella cheese.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or more for added crispiness.