Oh my goodness. These little chocolate chip muffins are a favorite in our house. I make them multiple times a week – and why not? They aren’t too bad for you – only 3 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Freestyle – and they are oh so chocolatey. You know you have a winner when these are requested by your husband.
Did you know that 16 Ghirardelli chocolate chips are only 4 points? So, I thought what if I spread those chocolate chips into a chocolate muffin. What would happen? Well, deliciousness, obviously.
Making these muffins are so easy too.
to make these choco-chocolate chip muffins:
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together – flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In a smaller bowl, stir together the wet ingredients – water, applesauce, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix these 2 bowls together (I put everything in the big bowl).
Next comes the best part. Add in the amount of chocolate chips you decide to add. I put about 16-20 in my batter. *Depending on how many you add, this could affect your SmartPoints amount.
After you have stirred in your chocolate chips, pour the batter into a prepared muffin pan.
Cook these babies for about 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow them to cool when they are done cooking – I know, I know…it’s hard to do! Enjoy!
Who knew a chocolate treat could be healthy?
Choco-Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3/4 cup white all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed tightly
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16-24 chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together water, applesauce, vinegar and vanilla extract. Pour the smaller liquid ingredients into the larger bowl. Mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes.