This creamy lemon chicken with capers recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing. A flavorful sauce doesn’t have to mean a ton of calories and this recipe will show you how to make that happen. Chicken piccata is an Italian dish known for its bright, tangy flavors and the tender texture of the chicken. This recipe is simple and quick and will be on the table in less an 30 minutes.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and it’s so easy that it hardly takes 30 minutes to make. Tender and juicy chicken breast cutlets served over lemony, buttery, and caper topped sauce is the ultimate comfort food that your heart and soul would crave after a long day of work.
Serve it with pasta, spaghetti, sautéed veggies, or mashed potatoes, and enjoy a quick homemade dinner with your loved ones.
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Chicken Breasts – Flattened and deboned. I try to use free-range or organic when I can but this is down to personal choice and budget
- 1/2 Cup Capers – Rinsed. Their unique briny, tangy flavor add a burst of acidity and a touch of saltiness to the Chicken Piccata, balancing the richness of the butter and the tartness of the lemon in the sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice – This adds a bright, acidic element to the dish, which helps to cut through the richness of the butter and brings balance to the overall flavor profile, while also enhancing the other ingredients in the sauce.
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock or Broth – Wine could be substituted but I prefer chicken stock to tone down the acidity of the lemon and capers.
- 4 Tablespoons Light Butter – This cuts the calories of a full fat butter sauce, but helps to give it a silky, smooth finish.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Fresh Parsley – To finish the dish
How Do You Store Leftover Chicken With Capers & Lemon?
You can store the chicken in an airtight container for 4 days in the refrigerator or for around 3 months in the freezer. Place the sauce and chicken in a separate bag if freezing; to reheat, thaw the chicken overnight in the fridge and then heat chicken and sauce together in the oven.
You might also like this honey mustard chicken too. These recipes are easy to make and perfect additions to your weekly meal plan.
Creamy Lemon Chicken With Capers
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup capers
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or white wine
- 4 Tablespoons light butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper the chicken. In a large skillet, melt 2 T of butter over medium heat. Cook the chicken about 7-8 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Add the chicken broth or wine (depending on which one you use), lemon juice and capers. Bring to a boil.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet and set aside. Add the remaining butter and olive oil to the pan and melt until the sauce thickens a bit.
- To serve, add the creamy capers sauce and put it over the cooked chicken.