This creamy lemon chicken with capers recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing. A creamy sauce doesn’t have to mean a ton of calories and this recipe will show you how to make that happen.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and it’s so easy that it hardly takes 30 minutes to make.
Tender and juicy chicken breast cutlets served over lemony, buttery, and caper topped sauce is the ultimate comfort food that your heart and soul would crave after a long day of work.
Serve it with pasta, spaghetti, sautéed veggies, or mashed potatoes, and enjoy a quick homemade dinner with your loved ones.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
You can store the chicken Piccata in an airtight container for 4 days in the refrigerator or for around 3 months in the freezer. Place the sauce and chicken in a separate bag if freezing; to reheat, thaw the chicken overnight in the fridge and then heat chicken and sauce together in the oven.
You might also like this honey mustard chicken too. These recipes are easy to make and perfect additions to your weekly meal plan.
Creamy Lemon Chicken With Capers
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup capers
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or white wine
- 4 Tablespoons light butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper the chicken. In a large skillet, melt 2 T of butter over medium heat. Cook the chicken about 7-8 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Add the chicken broth or wine (depending on which one you use), lemon juice and capers. Bring to a boil.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet and set aside. Add the remaining butter and olive oil to the pan and melt until the sauce thickens a bit.
- To serve, add the creamy capers sauce and put it over the cooked chicken.