During hectic weeknights, you should make this creamy risotto with chicken and spinach. It uses a rotisserie chicken, which makes this recipe even easier to make.
It takes only about 30 minutes to throw together and cook – yum! This recipe is 10 Freestyle points per serving on WW.
Do you have any specific foods that you love and thought you couldn’t eat on your weight loss journey?
What I personally love about WW is that you can honestly eat almost anything as long as it’s tracked.
The program helps you actually live your life and eat the foods you love. So you can eat those yummy favorites — just make sure you track it.
If there is one thing I love and must have, it’s creamy foods. I can’t not eat them…it’s just a fact. I love trying to lighten up some of my favorite recipes, and that includes risotto.
Risotto that is so creamy, yet filling, is wonderful.
And this risotto is so easy to make! All you need is a rotisserie chicken and some spinach (and Parmesan cheese, of course) and you have yourself a pretty easy meal.
Just because something is creamy doesn’t mean it can’t be enjoyed or fit into your healthy lifestyle goals. You can make this recipe work, which is amazing. So enjoy those creamy meals (within reason) and live your life!
What are your favorite risotto recipes?
Creamy Risotto with Chicken and Spinach
- 1 cooked Rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 8oz container mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups baby spinach torn
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil to medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the mushrooms start to release their juices. Stir in the rice and white wine. Continue to cook while adding in the chicken stock.
- Once the stock is added in, simmer for about 18-20 minutes uncovered until the rice is tender. Add the cooked chicken, spinach and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.