Who doesn’t love a quick and easy dinner? Well, this oven baked Parmesan crusted chicken is not only delicious, but very quick to make. Just a couple of steps to make it, and you will have yourself a very healthy main dish.
When I am in a cooking rut, one of my biggest complaints that fast food is much easier than cooking a delicious dinner. And now I don’t think that is true at all.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
While fast food is convenient, I don’t think it’s nearly as good as this chicken recipe. Why? Because this is so dang easy and fabulous.
All you need for this recipe is chicken breasts, a little bit of flour, a few egg whites and some grated Parmesan. I told you it would be easy!
This recipe is awesome because it’s kid friendly and toddler approved. I know that my family and my 2 kids absolutely love this.
We paired this delicious dish with Lemon-Parmesan asparagus.
What is your favorite chicken recipe?
Oven Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2/3 Tablespoon olive oil
- Pound chicken until 1/4′ thick. I bought thin chicken breasts since I don’t have a tenderizer.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the egg whites with 1 T water. On a third plate, combine bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese.
- Coat the chicken on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides of the chicken into the egg mixture. Dredge the chicken with the bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and cook 2-3 breasts on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Cook the rest of the chicken with the remaining olive oil.