Who doesn’t love a quick and easy dinner? Well, this delicious Parmesan chicken is not only delicious, but very quick to make. Just a couple of steps to make it, and you will have yourself a very healthy main dish.
When I am in a cooking rut, one of my biggest complaints that fast food is much easier than cooking a delicious dinner. And now I don’t think that is true at all.
While fast food is convenient, I don’t think it’s nearly as good as this chicken recipe. Why? Because this is so dang easy and fabulous.
Related: Feta Stuffed Chicken Burgers
All you need for this recipe is chicken breasts, a little bit of flour, a few egg whites and some grated Parmesan. I told you it would be easy!
How to make this delicious parmesan chicken:
Take out 3 plates. On the first one, combine the flour, salt and pepper. On the second plate, beat the egg whites with 1 Tablespoon water. Set aside. On the third plate, combine the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
Coat the chicken breasts with both sides of the flour mixture. Then dip them into the egg whites, and finally dredge them in the Parmesan mixture. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan and cook 2-3 breasts on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through.
After the chicken is finished cooking, you are done. I mean, it’s seriously that easy.
We paired this delicious dish with Lemon-Parmesan asparagus.
Have you tried something like this before?
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2/3 Tablespoon olive oil
- Pound chicken until 1/4′ thick. I bought thin chicken breasts since I don’t have a tenderizer.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the egg whites with 1 T water. On a third plate, combine bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese.
- Coat the chicken on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides of the chicken into the egg mixture. Dredge the chicken with the bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and cook 2-3 breasts on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Cook the rest of the chicken with the remaining olive oil.