Warm up with this easy and quick chicken noodle soup. Because you are using already cooked chicken, you can quickly get this soup on the dinner table.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again. I hate the cold weather.
Maybe that’s why we live in Georgia. I just can’t stand feeling like I’m going to freeze over.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
To help combat that feeling, I love any kind of soup during the winter months.
And what I love about this chicken noodle soup recipe is how freaking easy it is to make. It’s a true one pot, 30 minute meal – and I mean that!
What is your favorite soup recipe?
Easy and Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 teaspoons light butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 4 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 12 oz frozen veggies – I used corn green beans, and limas
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes optional
- 8 oz rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon green onion for garnish
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often until the onion is soft and translucent. About 8 minutes.
- Add the broth and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta, frozen veggies, and tomatoes and cook until the pasta is done, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, cheese, lemon juice – if using, salt, pepper and green onions. Cook 3 minutes more to heat through.
- Serve immediately.