This easy shrimp quesadillas recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner recipe or a more elaborate dinner party. This recipe is the bees knees. Seriously. It’s one of my husbands favorite recipes I have created, and you will love it so much too.
I said that this is one of my husbands favorite recipes. And it is. But I should let you know that he loves quesadillas. Like, he really loves them.
Almost as much as my love of macaroni and cheese…his love of quesadillas is fierce. But I have never tried to make quesadillas for Jeremy before – not sure why – so I wasn’t sure if these would be good.
Man, these were fantastic. They exceeded my expectations, mainly because I have never made a quesadilla before.
If you have never tried to make a quesadilla before, let me share that it is easy. I have been to Moe’s and Willy’s enough to know how it works.
I think this recipe was so good because the cheese was melted and I waited for the cheese to start to bubble. Once the cheese started to bubble, I added the shrimp and the corn.
I layered them enough to make sure that there was plenty of shrimp throughout the quesadilla. Remember to do that, or you will have all the goodness on only one side of the quesadilla.
Once the shrimp and corn have been added to the quesadilla, check the other half of the quesadilla to see if it’s browning and crispy.
If it is, flip it up and smoosh it onto the shrimp mixture. This will help keep the quesadilla together.
Easy Shrimp Quesadillas
- 4 large tortilla shells
- 10 oz frozen shrimp
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 stalk scallion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 small lime juiced
- 1 cup corn drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Thaw the shrimp. Heat a large non-stick pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil and shrimp, garlic, onion, and scallions. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the paprika and chili powder. Continue cooking until the shrimp is cooked. Add the lime juice to the pan and stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Once it is warm, add one tortilla shell. Add the shredded cheese to half of the tortilla shell. Add the corn and the shrimp mixture. Once the cheese has melted a good amount, sprinkle a little bit more cheese on top of the shrimp. Fold the tortilla shell in half and press to make it stick. Cut in 4 pieces and serve immediately.
It is so good – and a great addition to your dinner routine. And aren’t the messy dinners, the best dinner? I personally love a good messy dinner.
I’ve never thought of shrimp in quesadillas but I like the idea!!
This is such a great dinner option! We loved it – and it’s so messy. But aren’t messy dinners sometimes the best?
I love how messy and delicious this looks!!