Happy Labor Day! While you are out and about today, you should make this tuna salad hummus wrap for lunch. Why? Because it’s so easy to make. And the combination of easy tuna salad with hummus wrap is fantastic and it’s so filling.
I know that I didn’t post a The Journey post this past Saturday. I have things to discuss, but I haven’t made up my mind on what I want to do, so I didn’t really have much of an update.
I like being able to tell you guys motivating things or different things about Weight Watchers, and I just haven’t figured out how to put my thoughts into words. It’s funny. I’m a blogger, so words should come easily to me.
However, they just aren’t forming for me lately – especially with The Journey posts. I will be getting these posts together soon. Don’t worry!
Let’s start talking about this delicious recipe. I have needed quick and easy lunch recipes. I don’t have the time to sit for hours in the kitchen, so I am all for an easy lunch recipe.
This wrap is fantastic – and so easy to make. No boiling of water. No heating the oven. Just a quick mixing of the tuna and then you start assembling the wrap.
I also was surprised by the hummus in this recipe. Hummus and tuna probably don’t go together in your mind, but trust me…they should be.
It’s a perfect marriage of these 2 ingredients and they compliment each other so well.
Easy Tuna Salad Hummus Wrap
- 6 oz canned water-packed tuna drained
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons hummus your choice
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
- lettuce optional
- tomato optional
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the drained tuna, salt and pepper and olive oil. Mix completely.
- Place a tortilla on a small plate. Spread 3 Tablespoons of hummus on the tortilla. Split the tuna salad and place each half on the tortilla. Add lettuce and tomato, if using, and wrap up.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.