Breakfast doesn’t mean you have to spend a long time in the kitchen. You can actually make these feta and veggie frittatas ahead of time for a quick grab and go breakfast. I love making these ahead of time so that I just have to heat them up in the microwave for up to 1 minute.
Breakfast in our house consists of either an English muffin, or some frozen sausage. Sounds delicious, right?
Yea…I knew that when I joined Weight Watchers I would have to eat nutritious breakfasts to help me fuel my day.
Watch this video to learn how to make these frittatas
These little feta and veggie frittatas are perfect for that. You can cook them ahead of time and grab one on the way out the door in the morning.
These feta and veggie frittatas are also a great kid friendly breakfast. My toddlers love these so much! And they are great for those grab and go mornings.
Meal Planning Tip:
Get all of the chopping done ahead of time, so that you can just add in everything as needed. I have started doing this on Sundays for the meals I’m planning on making. This has been able to save me so much time and makes cooking easier.
If you want to add some meat to these, try this turkey sausage and spinach mini quiches recipe. It’s similar and tastes great!
What different versions of this would you make?
Feta and Veggie Frittatas
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped finely
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped finely
- 1/2 medium red pepper chopped finely
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray. Beat the eggs, egg whites, water, and salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, feta, peppers, scallions and cream cheese. Mix until combined. Spoon into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake until set, about 18-20 minutes.