Having a burger craving doesn’t mean you have to blow your diet. These feta stuffed chicken burgers are perfect for the summer and so easy to make. They are also healthy, which means you can eat them without any guilt!
The other day, Jeremy and I were trying to decide what to have for dinner (a common occurrence in our house).
I wanted something Weight Watcher friendly, but I also wanted something fast and easy. And so, we decided to make burgers.
Man, I love a good burger. I really do. Like this one – it’s got black bean in it and it tastes great! I also love different types of burgers.
I love a burger that isn’t your traditional burger. And I love a recipe that is quick and easy and can put dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less. And this one does that!
This burger has feta mixed into it. Who doesn’t love cheese in their burger? I mean, it’s delicious and a great surprise if you aren’t ready for it.
I added mustard to this recipe because I do love condiments, and yellow mustard is 0 SmartPoints.
Related: Skinny Chicken Philly
Feta Stuffed Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 sandwich thins toasted
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes sliced
- 4 Tablespoons yellow mustard optional
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper and paprika.
- Make the mixture into 4 balls and smash them into burgers.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Once the pan is hot, add the burgers and cook until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side.
- Put each burger on a bun and add the lettuce and mustard, if using. Serve immediately.