The summer has arrived, and goodness, it is hot! During the hot summer months, we love to grill out and what better way to do that than with this grilled fish tacos with pineapple salsa recipe.
It’s the perfect combination of fish but sweet salsa mixed in.
Summer is the time for BBQs, cold beer, a fish tacos. I personally love fish tacos and these are the perfect summer dish. I love grilling fish but it’s the one thing that we need to eat more of.
I know that fish is healthy, full of healthy fats that promote weight loss, so it seems like we would be eating it all the time. But we definitely don’t eat it as often as I would like.
On a side note: our cat loves when we fix fish. She smells it and thinks it’s all for her, not for us as well.
I actually love blowing air into her face after we eat fish because you can see her sniffing and smelling it. It’s actually really funny to see.
Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 1/2 lb tilapia patted dry
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium limes juiced
- pineapple chopped
- mango chopped
- 1/2 small red onion chopped thin
- 16 small soft taco shells
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Marinate the Tilapia
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cumin, garlic and lime juice.
- Place the tilapia in a Pyrex pan. Cover the fish with the sauce and cover. Marinate for 15 minutes.
Make the Salsa
- While the tilapia is marinating, combine the pineapple, mango and red onion. Add a smig of olive oil and salt and pepper.
Cook the Tilapia
- Heat a grill pan to medium-low heat. Cook the tilapia for 4 minutes on each side and it’s no longer pink.
- Place the fish on a tortilla and add the salsa and cilantro, if using.