While you enjoy tailgating with your friends and family, remember that snacks are important. This slow cooker healthy buffalo chicken dip is a wonderful with either chips or celery sticks and will remind you of buffalo chicken wings.
The dip is cheesy and hearty for those long Sundays when you are watching football all day long.
As I mentioned on my buffalo chicken poppers post, remember to eat while you are watching football. And please remember that you DON’T have to skimp on flavor to stay within your points.
I was actually worried about this dip because it has cream cheese in it and 8oz of shredded cheese. You just never know how healthy something will be when you dream it up in your mind.
Well, this dip is only 2 SmartPoints on Freestyle (chips not included) per serving!
I don’t know about you, but I can eat a few helpings of this dip without having to think twice about it. Just remember that the chips aren’t included in the SmartPoints values. But don’t worry!
I had this dip with the celery sticks and it was almost exactly like eating a buffalo chicken wing. Remember, I love chicken wings, so anytime I can mimic that taste, I will.
This dip is so easy to make. Get that slow cooker ready! It’s time to get this recipe cooking.
What are your favorite appetizers for game day?
Slow Cooker Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 4 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 cups buffalo wing sauce of your choice
- 8 oz reduced fat shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- celery for dipping
- Tortilla chips optional
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Add the buffalo wing sauce and combine.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add in the chicken breasts, salt and pepper, cheese and buffalo wing sauce mixture. Mix together as best you can.
- Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked. Take the breasts out and shred them. Add the chicken back to the mixture and stir to cover. Let cook for another 30 minutes or more.
- Serve with the celery sticks (it was like eating chicken wings) or tortilla chips.