If you meal prep like I do, you might need to have comfort food. This Instant Pot BBQ chicken sandwich recipe is perfect for when you crave comfort foods. The flavors really come together and are perfect for the spring and summer.
Cravings. During both of my pregnancies, I rarely had cravings. I remember once, pregnant with my son, that I craved a Chili’s Burger. I’m not sure the last time I had one before that craving hit, but I had to have one that night.
I feel like my cravings have been more intense after having kids, than they were when I was pregnant. Is that normal? Who knows. All I know is that when those cravings hit, I need to make sure to satisfy them.
This BBQ chicken sandwich is the perfect way to squash those cravings. I love how the seasonings and BBQ sauce come together. It really creates a perfect melt-in-your-mouth feeling.
How to make this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwich:
In a mixing bowl add the pork, all seasonings and brown sugar. Mix it up so the pork is evenly coated.
Turn your instant pot to SAUTE mode. Add olive oil and half of the pork. Saute for about 8 minutes, stirring as needed, until the pork is browned on all sides. Remove the pork, and repeat with the remaining meat.
Turn the instant pot off. Add beef broth and scrape the sides of the instant pot. Stir in the BBQ sauce and add the pork. Seal the instant pot.
Use the MANUAL button and set the timer to 45 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes before the timer begins to count down.
Quick release the steam after 45 minutes and shred the chunks of pork with a fork.
Serve on buns for sandwiches, or over nachos for a tangy topping.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat as needed on the stovetop, or in the microwave.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 3" cubes or strips
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce any variety
- In a mixing bowl add the pork, all seasonings and brown sugar. Mix it up so the pork is evenly coated.
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE mode. Add olive oil and half of the pork. Saute for about 8 minutes, stirring as needed, until the pork is browned on all sides.
- Remove the cooked pork from the Instant Pot and repeat with the remaining meat. Remove once it's been cooked through
- Turn the Instant Pot off. Add the beef broth and scrape the bottom and sides of the Instant Pot to remove any browned bits.
- Add the BBQ sauce and stir to combine. Then add the seared pork and add the Instant Pot lid.
- Cook the pork using MANUAL mode for 45 minutes. (It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to get to pressure).
- Once it's done cooking, perform a Quick release and shred the pork.
- Serve immediately on buns for sandwiches or over nachos for a tangy topping.