When you need comfort food while on Weight Watchers, try this cheesy turkey burger macaroni recipe. It’s made in the Instant Pot (or other electric pressure cooker) and only takes 6 minutes once it reaches pressure. It’s 8 Freestyle points per serving.
I have a serious love affair with macaroni and cheese. If you don’t believe me, look at this healthy macaroni and cheese with broccoli, which is also delicious.
But for this recipe, I wanted to lighten up the classic dish using my Instant Pot. What better thing to lighten things up than turkey burger macaroni (it’s a twist on your traditional cheeseburger macaroni).If you need help figuring out your Instant Pot, check out this great guide (affiliate link). Don’t forget to use code “dash” to get $5 off!
If I am being totally honest with you, sometimes you just want some comfort food. And the best thing is that even though you are on Weight Watchers, you can definitely have that comfort food you crave while still losing weight. I’m not even kidding!
I don’t think I could manage if I didn’t have the option to eat comfort foods. I have been able to maintain a 35lb loss for over a year because I don’t completely cut any food out. I cut back, but I don’t cut anything completely out. I think it’s important to have anything you want within moderation.
To make this Instant Pot cheesy turkey burger macaroni recipe:
Heat the olive oil on SAUTE mode with the pressure cooker’s lid off. Place the turkey into the cooker and cook until it’s browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cheese, to the cooker. Securely lock the lid and set on MANUAL for 6 minutes at HIGH pressure.
Perform a quick release to release the pressure. Add the shredded Fontina cheese and stir until it’s melted and creamy. Serve immediately.
Have you had macaroni and cheese since starting your weight loss journey?
Instant Pot Cheesy Turkey Burger Macaroni
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3 cups beef stock
- 8 oz Fontina cheese grated
Instant Pot instructions:
- Heat the olive oil on SAUTE mode with the pressure cooker's lid off. Place the turkey into the cooker and cook until it's browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cheese, to the cooker. Securely lock the lid and set on MANUAL for 6 minutes at HIGH pressure.
- Perform a quick release to release the pressure. Add the shredded Fontina cheese and stir until it's melted and creamy. Serve immediately.
Slow Cooker instructions:
- In a non-stick skillet, heat over medium heat. Add the oil and saute the onion and turkey until it's cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the meat and cooked onions to your slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the noodles and cheese. Cook on low for 6 hours. About 30 minutes before the meal is finished cooking, add the noodles. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it's completely melted. Serve immediately.