If you love tacos as much as I do, you need to try these Instant Pot easy chicken tacos. They are easy to make – only take about 20 minutes – and taste like they have been cooking all day long. These are 8 Freestyle points per serving, 2 tacos filled with 1 cup of cooked chicken each.
The Instant Pot has become one of my all time favorite kitchen gadgets. It took some getting used to, but I am all in with it now.
It really makes one pot meals so quick and simple – and it does most of the cooking for you.
If you have ever thought about buying an Instant Pot, I suggest this one (affiliate link) because it’s the one I have and use and I just love it so much.
One of my favorite food items in the whole world is tacos. There is just something about them that makes me extremely happy. Anyone else like that?
Now, what I love even more is when I can cook something in one pot and make it quick. It helps when it’s healthy too and tastes delicious. That is what these chicken tacos do.
They are healthy, quick and easy and Weight Watchers friendly. And what kid doesn’t love tacos? These are kid friendly, even if you have toddlers.
You can always deconstruct the taco for them (works great if they are picky eaters).
Each serving is 2 tacos, filled with 1 cup of shredded chicken, plus 2 Tablespoons of cheese and toppings.
What are your favorite taco recipes?
Instant Pot Easy Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz jar salsa of your choice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 16 small flour taco shells
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Cheddar-Jack cheese shredded
- Heat the oil on HIGH on SAUTE until it’s sizzling. Place the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno in the oil and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the lime juice, chili powder, brown sugar, salt, salsa and chicken stock to the Instant Pot and stir together. Add the chicken breasts to the cooker.
- Secure the lid to the pressure cooker and set for 12 minutes on HIGH pressure. Use a quick release to release the pressure. Shred the chicken in the cooker using a fork and stir into the sauce.
- Assemble the tacos with 1 cup of the shredded chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese (if using).