If you are looking for a delicious, but vegan recipe, you should try this vegan macaroni and cheese recipe. It’s made in the Instant Pot and comes out tasting incredibly creamy and delicious.
When my daughter was about 8 weeks old, she started to develop a dairy intolerance. As a mom, I struggled to figure out how to handle this.
Do I give up dairy and my beloved macaroni and cheese? Or do I work on finding a formula that will work for her and one that she likes?
Ingredients you will need to make this vegan macaroni and cheese:
The reality was that we had a hard time finding a formula that she would tolerate, so I gave up dairy for a time.
While that had challenges, I was proud of myself for being able to give up dairy so abruptly.
In the end, it didn’t matter to me what I personally had to do. I wanted to make sure she would get the nutrients she needed while we were trying to find a formula that would work for her too.
Making this vegan macaroni and cheese was vital for me to remain dairy free for her. And I loved how easy this was to figure out.
I wanted something that was easy to make and would taste good. This recipe did not disappoint. And I felt so good that I could enjoy a childhood favorite and still be dairy free.
Instant Pot Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup raw cashew
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a high-speed processor add your raw cashews, nutritional yeast, onion powder, paprika powder, salt, apple cider vinegar and two cups of the water. Process on high for about 4-5 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Spray the bottom of your instant pot with some non-stick cooking spray and add your elbow pasta.
- Then add the processed ‘’cheese’’ mixture and stir in until well combined. Then add the remaining water to the pot and mix again.
- Use the pressure cook setting on your Instant Pot and make sure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Cook for 5 minutes and quick release once the timer is done. Keep in mind that it will take much longer than 5 minutes, because the instant pot needs to warm up first.
- Once you can open your lid, serve warm. Serve immediately.