If you are looking for an easy low carb dinner idea, look no further. These low carb beef taco wraps are so easy to make and taste like tacos made with flour tortillas. The butter lettuce gives that crunch you expect and you can eat these without guilt of the added carbs.
These days I am all about a quick and easy dinner. One of the last things I want to do when I get home from work is spending a ton of time in the kitchen.
And with a baby who is only getting older and not napping as much, that time is precious.
It doesn’t help that work has been incredibly stressful lately, so even meal prepping on the weekends isn’t happening as much as I would like it to.
That’s why quick and easy dinner recipes are a necessity right now.
That’s why I loved this low carb beef taco wraps recipe. It was incredibly easy to make and a healthier version from our typical Taco Tuesdays.
If you want to try a different taco recipe, this taco bake is fantastic.
These tasted like your usual taco (except you make your own taco seasoning) and the crunch from the lettuce wrap really helped to make it feel like a taco.
These were messy though. But who doesn’t love a little bit of a mess (if it means enjoying a delicious taco? If you are interested in other low carb taco recipes, try this Asian chicken lettuce wraps recipe.
What are your favorite low carb meals?
Low Carb Beef Taco Wraps
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup shredded cheese
- 10 Tablespoons guacamole divided
- 1/2 container grape tomatoes halved
- 1 container butter lettuce washed and dried
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook the lean ground beef until the meat is fully cooked, breaking into small pieces as it cooks. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Add the dry spices (through black pepper) and water to the cooked meat and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, lower the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 5-8 minutes.
- Chop the bottom of the butter lettuce and use as the shell. Place 1/2 cup of meat into each butter lettuce leaf and fill with the rest of the toppings you choose.