If you are busy in the mornings, try this easy egg scramble. It’s an elevated version of plain scrambled eggs and tastes great.
Making breakfast for your family doesn’t have to be difficult or take too long. This easy egg scramble recipe really is perfect for any picky eaters.
It also makes getting those veggies into picky toddlers stomachs easy.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
Eating out is costly. Not only does it cost money, but it also costs me my confidence in the kitchen.
Finding my confidence in the kitchen ebbs and flows. Sometimes I find it easily and sometimes it takes more out of me.
This recipe helped to get that confidence back in the kitchen. We actually served this as dinner for our kids, and they ate it up. I love that I can provide healthy kid-friendly recipes for my family.
Substitutions for this recipe
This recipe allows for an abundance of substitutions. If you aren’t a fan of some of the vegetables I mention in the recipe card, feel free to use different ones. The list is truly endless.
Some of my favorites would be:
Easy Egg Scramble
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 small red pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with oil on medium-low heat. Once the pan is ready, cook the peppers and onion until the onion is tranlucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- Once the veggies are cooked and soft, add the eggs and cook until the eggs are to your desired liking.
- Fold in the cheese and keep on the heat until it's melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Chop up all the veggies the night before. Keep them in your refrigerator until you are ready to make this. Then cook the veggies and add the eggs. Serve immediately.