If you are wanting an easy and delicious appetizer, these mini taco cups are the perfect addition to any party.
Finding easy to make and delicious appetizers can be a challenge, but these taco cups are perfect. I love how they can be individualized and customized to whatever you are wanting.
You could have just sour cream or guacamole or chopped tomatoes. You can add additional cheese as well, which is a wonderful addition.
Ingredients for this recipe
If you are interested in additional appetizer recipes, try this roasted buffalo cauliflower or this zucchini pizza poppers. This guacamole recipe is also a fan favorite.
Substitutions you can use for this recipe
If you don’t want the extra cheese, spray a little olive oil between the two wrappers.
You can also substitute the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken.
What’s your favorite appetizer recipe?
Mini Taco Cups
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa optional
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the meat, onions, and bell peppers to the pan.
- Break the meat up and cook completely. Drain oil from the meat mixture.
- Add in the packet of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. If adding salsa, add your preferred salsa and mix until well incorporated. Add more water as necessary for the preferred consistency.
- Spray cupcake/muffin tin with nonstick spray. Add in one wonton per cup.
- Add 1 tsp of cheese, then top with another wonton wrapper. Add 1 tbsp of cheese and 1 heaping spoonful of the meat mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with favorite toppings.