When it comes to cooking, having great kitchen gadgets is so important. While I use a bunch of different gadgets while cooking, these 5 are the ones that I use the most often. So lets dive right in!
I remember getting some of these for my birthday or Christmas and not knowing what on earth to do with them. I probably asked, “What on earth is this thing?” more than once to my sister or my mom. But let me tell you: all of these have made a huge difference in my life in the kitchen. They are worth the money…hands down (and they aren’t all expensive).
- This gem is a lemon or lime juicer. You might not think you would use this that often, but man…I use it all the time. I also do believe that lemon is an under-utilized fruit. If you don’t have one of these little gadgets, go and buy one!
- A zester. Have you ever seen a recipe that required lemon or lime zest? Well, this fun little gadget makes it so easy to get the zest you need.
- Garlic Press. I don’t use this one all the time – I have another one that I use all the time and love. But I do think that any type of garlic press you have is important. If you don’t have a garlic press to mince your garlic, buy one now.
- A small grater. I have a large standup grater that I use sometimes, but there are needs for a smaller one that you can just grate the cheese into the recipe. Plus, it’s a whole lot easier to use and clean than the standup one…or so I have heard.
- Potato masher. I am obsessed with this potato masher. Not because it is expensive, or the best one on the market. But because it mashes my potatoes. I’m sure there are other ones out there that are better, mine from Walmart works just fine!
So, there you have it. Do you have all 5 of these kitchen gadgets? Because if you don’t, go and buy them!