When you crave pasta, try this easy one-pot creamy chicken pasta with bacon. It has bacon, chicken, and some other delicious veggies. Plus it’s creamy and easy to make. This recipe is 9 Freestyle points per serving.
Who loves pasta? Gosh, I eat it often and love it so much. Did you know that you can eat pasta and still lose weight? Well, you can!
Remember, Weight Watchers is all about eating the foods you love in moderation. And that is so true.
Pasta is one of those foods that I can’t give up. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t not eat it. How many of you are like that? Do you have any foods that you just can’t give up?
One of the dishes that I miss most since joining Weight Watchers is Chicken Carbonara. The creamy sauce, the bacon and the yummy chicken just makes it a dish that I miss.
But – and this is key – I have found that I can still eat this meal. I just made some modifications to it (and I call it one-pot creamy chicken pasta with bacon recipe).
I added sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and asparagus to this classic dish (and used Almond milk mixed with heavy cream to cut back on some of the fat traditionally found in a carbonara). Are you ready to try it?
What type of Italian food do you love the most?
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta with Bacon
- 6 slices low-sodium bacon chopped
- 1 pound thin boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- 1 carton white mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 5 cups Almond milk or other milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat. Once the bacon is crisp, drain most of the bacon grease. Add the cubed chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Once all the chicken pieces are cooked through, remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion, asparagus and mushrooms and cook until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms have released some of their juices, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted, about 10 minutes. Finally, add the sun-dried tomatoes and season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the milk into the pot, and the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.