Cold weather means it’s chili season. This one pot easy beef chili was inspired by Wendy’s chili (which is only 4 Freestyle points on Weight Watchers) and is delicious.
I have to admit that I am a tiny bit obsessed with Wendy’s chili – and this recipe reminds me so much of their chili. I have to admit that I think making chili yourself is so much better than buying it.
But when I am in a pinch, I will buy the chili at Wendy’s. Do you have a go-to fast food that you love when you are in a pinch? I highly suggest that you make this one.
There is something wonderful about beans and beef together in a wonderfully flavorful chili – trust me…this recipe is so easy to make that you will have dinner on the table in about 35 minutes. Trust me on that!
I’ve never been a fan of cold weather. Who else is with me there? That’s part of why I live in the South.
But even if I didn’t live down South, this chili recipe is perfect to help you warm up during the winter.
I love using my slow cooker to help me make food, too and this steak and noodles recipe is amazing.
What is your favorite comfort food?
One Pot Easy Beef Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 5 oz green chilies
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz chili beans
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- plain Greek yogurt optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Heat a stock pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion and cook until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes. Add the ground beef, garlic, cumin, chili powder, peppers and green chilies. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, vegetable broth and salt. Cover and simmer for about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust the seasonings if necessary. Serve immediately with a dollup of Greek yogurt, cilantro and cheese, if using.